The luminous golden city of Rajasthan – Jaisalmer is one of the most popular historical places in the royal state which was named after Jaisal Singh. Settle amid the widespread Thar Desert, the city is all known for its rich heritage culture and traditions. This is an ideal getaway for art lovers, culture enthusiasts, and thrill-seekers, Jaisalmer serves as one of the best tourist destinations catering to the needs of every travel enthusiast. For a relaxing ride in the desert, take a camel safari tour while you can take the breathtaking views of the sunset. With exhilarating travel activities like quad biking and dune bashing, get ready to go your adrenaline levels like never before in the Golden City. To make your Rajasthan Tour package memorable, indulge in a wide range of exciting things to do in Jaisalmer on a sightseeing trail.
Enjoy these 12 amazing things to do in Jaisalmer Trip for a mind-blowing travel experience in 2021
- Desert Camping – Unlike the adventures of camping in the hilly regions, desert camping is one of the best ways to acquaint yourself with the cultural lives of the people in Rajasthan. This is a nostalgic activity that will take you back to medieval times. You can choose luxury tent accommodation that will remind you of the historical lifestyle of the bygone era.
- Explore Jaisalmer Fort –One of the most iconic tourist places to see in Jaisalmer is Sonar Qila also referred to as Golden Fort. It is the biggest and famous fort of Rajasthan which is made from using yellow sandstone structure that turns honey golden in the evening. The fort is located on a Trikuta hill and embraces the highlight of the Rajput legacy.
- Thrilling Jeep Safari – Indulge yourself in the exciting Jeep Safari wherein you will enjoy a ride by 4×4 motor-beasts that will provide a bumpy ride across the Thar Desert. Taking a joyful ride that will blow your mind with the adrenaline rushing in the great Thar.
- Camel Safari in Desert –The endless stretch of undulating sands and stunning areas to explore by camel rides which is one of the best things to do in Jaisalmer. Going on an adventure ride will fill you with joy and fun. The desert safari is mostly organized to see beautiful isolated sand dunes. Take a desert safari to discover different facets and artifacts relating to the culture, heritage, and history of Rajasthan.
- Gorge on Rajasthani Cuisines – Savor the real taste of Rajasthan by relishing the authentic Rajasthan cuisine is the best option. Ditch the fast foods and feast on Rajasthani cuisines that will tickle your palate and satisfy the epicurean within you. Savor the delicious taste of Pyaaz ki Kachori, Mirchi Bada, or Bikaneri Bhujia, and enjoy its scrumptious dishes.
- Boating in Gadisar Lake – The artificial lake was constructed by Maharawal Gadsi Singh in the 14thCentury to satisfy the water needs of the dry land of Jaisalmer. It was become a tourist attraction and a pilgrimage site, as many temples and shrines surround the lake. Enjoying boating in Gadisar Lake will be a great retreat that makes the evening a wonderful memory of the Jaisalmer Tour Package.
- Admire the opulent Patwon ki Haveli – The cluster of five small Havelis and Patwon ki Haveli is constructed in 1805. The royal mansion is presently managed by the government, you can still spot some spectacle paintings and mirror work in its architectural beauty.
- Shopping in colorful Bazaars – It is an unmissable thing to do in Jaisalmer that boasts of rich heritage and extravagant bazaars. Shop some valuable gems and jewellery, leather products, wooden handicrafts, precious stones, and other textile products while taking a leisure tour of colorful bazaars.
- Village Safari Tour –Embark on a trip to the native villagers of Jaisalmer. Taking a tour of remote and authentic villages takes you to a different world altogether. Witness the way of living in such villages that will bring peace and cultural retreats to your sightseeing experience. Interact with the villagers and know more about their traditional living.
- Safari in Desert National Park –In the western Indian state of Rajasthan, Desert National Park is one of the largest national parks in the country. It is a must-visit tourist attraction in Jaisalmer that will let you see the desert ecosystem. You can spot numerous birds and a rich fauna including chinkara, blackbuck, wolf, desert cat, and Bengal Fox.
- Worship Jain Temples –Located inside the Jaisalmer Fort, Jain Temples are dedicated to the Jain hermits Rikhab devji and Shambhavi devji – the famous Jain Tirthankaras. It draws a major tourist attraction in Jaisalmer Sightseeing Tour. The temples date back to the 12thand 13th centuries and are made using yellow sandstone.
- Visit the abandoned Kuldhara Village –Around 15 kilometers away from Jaisalmer, lies an abandoned Indian village that narrates inspiring and fascinating tales. The village looks more like a town that was once known for being inhabited by a large population of Paliwal Brahmins. Though it is abandoned now, temples, stepwells, and other structures constructed here are in large numbers.
Best time to visit in Jaisalmer – The months of the winter season (November to March) are great to enjoy holiday breaks in Jaisalmer. As this region has a desert, the weather in other seasons is extremely hot and humid. So, if you are planning your holidays in Jaisalmer, then you must plan your travel from November to March. Visiting the city in this peak season will also let you enjoy an annual cultural festival of the Jaisalmer Desert Festival that takes place in the month of January or February.
Indulge in the long list of exciting things to do in Jaisalmer on a Rajasthan Tour Package will make your holiday quite fascinating. So, plan your holiday trip to the Golden City of Rajasthan with family or friends and enjoy these spellbinding travel experiences. Make your vacation more enjoyable by becoming a part of these exhilarating adventures in Jaisalmer!